View Single Post
Old
02-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
The reason why I called it "empty statements" is because opinions are rarely facts and some confuse the two, as I've pointed out yesterday in this very thread. It's one thing to say that "in my opinion, player x is not available", but to state that he's not is purely empty. See what I mean?

Just to show you that it's not a cope out, as you seem to insinuate, here are just a few names of players who I feel (see that it's an opinion here?) could bring something lacking: Matt Martin (NYI), David Clarkson (NJD), Derek Dorsett (CBJ), Kyle Clifford (LAK), Steve Ott (DAL), Bryan Bickell (CHI), Matt Beleskey (ANA), Tanner Glass (WIN). Would all of them be available? Perhaps not. Would they all cost the same thing to acquire? I doubt it. Are they all at the same level? Absolutely not.

As predicted before, I'm now expecting AK lovers (hey, I'm called a hater so it must be okay to reverse the compliment, no?) to dismantle those names and start the traditional HF Boards pissing war... in 3, 2, 1...

Having said that, Ryan White might be able to fill some of that role, and we do have a long shot in Hamilton, although not ready, in Ian Schultz...
I'd be all for getting Clifford, Ott or Bickell. Not sure who in this thread would disagree with that. Just like everybody is a fan of Ryan White.

But I don't see why getting one of those guys means getting rid of AK. Doesn't make any sense really. Outside Ott and Clarkson, the guys you mention are in the 500-900K range. Even the two others, they don't go over 2.95M, so we'd even have space for AK+Ott/Clarkson.
If you're saying trade AK for Bickell and then sign Semin, then okay, I get it.
But when you say don't re-sign AK in order to bring in Tanner Glass, it doesn't make much sense. You can have both.

On a side note, I find it pretty funny that you waste time making a post about how you don't have time to waste.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote