View Single Post
Old
02-10-2012, 10:14 PM
azrok22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfence033 View Post
As much as I like Feds, his absence is really perfect timing. Call up MZA and see what he can do. He has been doing well in the AHL (10-19-29 in 25 games), and it's time to either showcase him for use in a trade, or see if he can slot into the Rangers top-6 and get the offense churning again. Roll a line-up of this:

Artem Anisimov | Derek Stepan | Marian Gaborik
Brandon Dubinsky | Brad Richards (A) | Mats Zuccarello
Carl Hagelin | John Mitchell | Ryan Callahan (C)
Brandon Prust | Brian Boyle| Mike Rupp

Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi
Michael Del Zotto | Anton Stralman
Marc Staal (A) | Stu Bickel
Steve Eminger

Gives the Rangers speed, passing, defense, goal-scorers, and grit on all three of top lines (and Prust-Boyle-Rupp isn't slouchy either). If Zuke lights it up, he gives the Rangers some very tough personnel decisions to make, if not, it's nothing more than an injury call-up. We've seen what Wolski can do so far, let's see Zuke again.

Edit: I know a lot of fans around here have soured on Zuke, but the Rangers still need more offense and speed, something that Zuke can bring internally without trading ANY of the farm. Right now, the Rangers should stand firm rather than making any trades. They are playing too well to do anything.
Switch Boyle and Mitchell (and the sides Rupp and Prust are on), and I support this message. Don't mind Bickel as the 7th defenseman for tomorrow's game, but MZA has done enough to earn another shot.