View Single Post
Old
02-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Rivet seemed to be struggling and he had that whole run with pneumonia or whatever, didn't he? I was a big Rivet fan, and I was really happy to see him rebound again subsequently in some of his other seasons. But I honestly think it's a faulty premise to distill the playoff miss to Rivet's absence.

I mean, even if you just want to go back to that final game against the Leafs, they blew the 5-3 lead or whatever, and Halak had his big hot streak, before that, so Huet coming back or some of the other games they picked Aebischer for before that or whatnot... there are just so many places that 1 point could have come from. Heck, they lost Game 1 of the whole season in a Shootout. So rewind all the way back there if you want.

I'm really happy with the trade. I think my preference would be to make the trade and make the playoffs too. I think that's what the Habs should try to do this year as well. I don't see guys like Gill and Moen and especially Campoli really contributing a lot to the game-in-game out success of the team at this point in the season, now that some of our younger players have started stepping up and can be relied on more. I'd trade them for futures right now. And still harbour the hopes of making the playoffs. I'd even consider making other trades to acquire players to help towards that goal. (While not being optimistic about finding any, given traditional deadline markups. Not rental players - retainable assets).

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote