View Single Post
Old
02-11-2012, 09:39 AM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
That's a crazy trade proposal that would set the Rangers back 5 years. They can keep Hall (which, btw, is complete fantasy if you think Edmonton is trading him) for what you're offering. 2 starting D's, 2 1st round picks, and 2 prospects for Hall and 2 2nd's? Who is he? Eric Lindros? Crazy deal that's ludicrously bad for the NYR. No thanks.
I'll get back to you later on this.
I think the short answer is he's worth it, and there is a real premium on snipers.

But I welcome the opportunity to intelligently analyze the pros and cons of this.

IN FACT, I'LL GO ONE BETTER.
Let's see if we can over the next 2 weeks at everyone's convenience, have an extended discussion on the topic, (mods may/may not prefer separate thread).

once and for all, let there be a definitive cost benefit analysis
Hall to Rangers along the above proposal I made, or any one slightly modified close enough thereto.

I'll consider with an open mind that acquiring Hall for the price quoted is not a good idea, IF my critics can demonstrate why, in their opinion which they have obligation to substantiate, preferably with fact, same is overall negative for us.

If that CAN be done objectively, and is NOT reduced to subjective opinion, I'll drop Hall for not less than 1 year.

But, if that can't be done objectively, and iis reduced to subjective opinion, then my critics must concede, in the name of intellectual honesty, the bernmeister theory of acquiring Hall as presented cannot be discredited.