View Single Post
Old
01-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Pred303

vCash: 500
we have 5 players right now that will drive a coach or a fan who really analyzes the game crazy... guys that have great potential or are otherwise guys that bring a lot to the table on one hand, and balance those great plays/potential/goals with very poor decisions/play/positioning the next time down the ice on the other..

perreault,erat,hartnell,zidlicky, and suter.. each of the 5 is wildly inconsistent right now...and each is causing me to want to start drinking heavily

last night vokoun was not ready to play..probably the first time i've thought that all year.. don't know whether his knee has him slow to move laterally and therefore slow to close the 5 hole or not..i do know this has always been one of his strengths, and last night it wasn't

notice last night, erat and the first lines two late goals had...yanic perreault centering them

walker is still far two steps slow skating and reaction wise...many times last night, he either just missed, or just couldn't get to, or just didn't have enough on a pass.. still a couple of weeks away from him returning to full speed it looks like

the two ongoing arguments on the board about last night..hartnell's stick throwiing and perreault's failing to get back... both were guilty.. hartnell might not have MEANT to throw his stick, but he threw his stick... perreualt made two mistakes on the same play leading to hutchinson's goal, in our rotate out front to cover a pinching d-man scheme, when eaton got caught in low he hadn't gotten out to cover, then he took neither CAR player skating down the slot..the guy flat cann't/won't backcheck

erat now leads the forwards in minor penalties taken with 22, and they're virtually ALWAYS in the offensive end... he has to be among the league leaders in highsticking penalties, something he was already known for around the league prior to this year... zidlicky has 27 to lead the team...while hartnell has 21, as does suter... we all know these are the 4 guys trotz is talking about taking bad penalties game after game

we got a point. we really needed a point. these next 3 home games are critical. PIT,NJ,CLB.. three teams we can and need to beat at home... because then you look at the next 11 game stretch that heads into the break...4 against DET-3 of which are away, 2 against DAL-both on the road, 1 against COL, 1 against MIN on the road, and 2 more against CLB... very tough stretch for us... 14 games left before the Olympics, and you would think we will be lucky to get about 18 points in that stretch, so every home game is important, every game against the weaker teams is important... of course it doesn't ever really get easier, after the break we play VAN 3 of our first 7 games, and have another one of those western canada swings with EDM,CAL and SJ all on the road

so...i'm trying to remember...hey this is all just supposed to be fun, it's not life and death