View Single Post
Old
02-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
So we can see how our players perform for the rest of the season
I think that the first two thirds of a season are enough of an indicator to make a smart and informed decision on who to keep. Plus, it just makes keeper decisions that much tougher and forces "GMs" to be that much smarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Why not wait? There's still a quarter of the season and the entire off-season. And a lockout.
If 75 percent of a season isn't enough for a person to make smart keeper decisions then, quite frankly, I don't think they're that good at fantasy hockey.

Quote:
Someone could tear up their knee or something and a GM would be stuck.
Then the player would have the rest of the season and the off-season to heal. If it's an impact player then I'd imagine you would keep him anyhow unless the injury was career-ending or something like that.

I consider this an extremely small risk and, again, I think it just makes the rest of the season that much more exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Yeah... what if I declare Backstrom a keeper and he breaks his neck and never plays again? What if one of my players blows up and is the next Crosby?
What do you honestly think the chances of either of those things happening is? If a player has a career ending injury then I'll figure out a way to compensate for it.

As for a player blowing up, I doubt it. We're 66 to 75 percent through the season and if a player hasn't blown up yet do you honestly expect it to happen? Besides, that's why there's 10 prospect slots so that the players most likely to break out, those being young guys, have extra slots to be kept. Plus, as I said before, it forces you all to make smart decisions and makes the rest of the season that much more interesting.

Plus it's not like only one of you is facing these risks. Every single person in the league will be challenged by these risks so it's an even playing ground.

I'll move the keeper deadline to the off-season if that's the popular opinion, but I'd be adverse to doing that without popular opinion.