View Single Post
Old
01-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Why? Becuase I don't want to overpay for Samsonov? The Kings have Frolov, Brown, Tambellini and Kanko locked up for the next few seasons. If they bring in Samsonov, they'll either be renting him short-term or road-blocking Brown, Tambellini as well as other prospects...

Bergeron is a good player with a bunch of up-side, no doubt. Is he a #1 center in the Kings organization at this point? No. He appears to be in Boston right now but that's the result of the trades of Thornton and Scatchard. In L.A, I'd slot him behind Conroy and Belanger...

Do I really think Tukonen for Bergeron and a pick is a fair trade? Absolutely not. Do I think the Bruins are even interested in moving Bergeron? Absolutely not. I don't think the Bruins have any more interest in moving Bergeron than the Kings do in moving Tukonen. Tukonen is 19, a first-round pick (11th overall) that returned from a shoulder injury and had an impressive showing in the World Juniors...

If you follow the progression of the thread, bb74 was targeting Tukonen. I threw a counter out there to get an idea of how much he really wanted him...

How many seasons have you watched the players we are discussing here play?
How closely do you follow the Kings, Bruins (both Boston and Providence), and Monarchs?
What are the needs of both teams both short-term and long term?

Sure I threw out a crazy proposal and in doing so I determined that it was more likely than not that bb74 hadn't seen much of Tukonen or Pushkarev. Pushkarev has been used a checking role on a regular basis in Manchester with a decent level of success. He creates turnovers and uses his speed and puck handeling skills to create opportunities for himself and line mates. When used in an offensive role, his game is similar to Sammy in that he likes to hold onto the puck in the offensive zone and skate around the perimeter looking for openings...

I certainly give my head a shake every time these threads appear.