View Single Post
Old
02-11-2012, 02:39 PM
beenhereandthere

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear SUV View Post
That's a great idea. Have a few games in the Tacoma Dome as well and the average attendance could end up being good.
I think the NHLPA or the NHL would never allow 3 home arenas. If they're going to use the T Dome at all, might as well use it the whole season.
That's not totally a bad idea, since, if the NBA does come back next year or at the same time the NHL comes to town, I'm sure the NHL, will be 2nd banana behind the NBA team for game dates, etc. If they used the Tacoma Dome instead, for 2 seasons, they wouldn't have to worry about that.
Kind of changing the subject, but I am not thinking the NBA is just around the corner, even say the arena is a done deal, by the end of May or early June. I don't think the Maloofs want to sell the team and their first choice is somewhere in California, Anaheim or San Jose (even though I think that would be a failure on the NBA's part).
If the Kings come to Seattle, it will be more or less a last resort thing, for the Maloofs, not for the NBA, but I don't think the Maloofs are wild about the PNW. Kind of like the Coyotes going to Quebec City.