View Single Post
Old
11-10-2003, 06:27 PM
moosefan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazata69
The Dub is waaaay tighter checking. The Q is a free for all goal scoring league. This isn't gonna be yet another one of those debates, but you take a look at how many players in the Q put up those kind of numbers isn't really that big of a suprise. Is it impressive? Damn right it is, but how many so called "great" playesr have put up those points and done squat after they leave junior?

The Dub is the best league in the CHL and the Q is always a step behind the O and W.
I love your comments there , Last year the top scorers in the CHL came from the OHL not the QMJHL. The QMJHL has produced top players like Giguere, Lecavalier, Richards, Tanguay, Nagy, Denis, Dupuis, Fleury, Biron, Gauthier, Lombardi, King, Gagne, Shelley, Laraque, Worrell in the last little while I don't see those type of names being 2nd rate. The QMJHL has won two Memorial Cups and was at the finals last year in the Memorial Cup, I hate when 2nd rate teams make it there...YOU?????? The QMJHL is now a tighter checking league, guys are getting bigger and it is getting more physical now, thing is you are stuck in the past it seems like and I guess you have not been able to transfer your thinking to the "now" type, look at the stats from last year and this year the QMJHL guys are not getting the points like they were are they, and it is rare for a Q guy now to average 2 points a game. Times are changing I think you should as well.