Old
02-11-2012, 03:29 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
We aren't asking for perfect.

We just ask for no game changing and outrageous calls.

When Sestito gets jumped by 3 Ranger players, takes 30 secs of pummeling before dropping his gloves and get the extra penalty THAT is ****ing outrageous.
What happened with Sestito happens to every team in the league. It happens more often to players have have poor reputations and the Flyers aren't unique in dressing these players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Lol, I'm not blaming the flyers woes on the reffing at all. Did you bother to read the OP, or just presume that you knew what was posted.

The reffing has been dreadful across the entire NHL, not just for the flyers, and while the reffing in other sports can be bad, it's usually a blown call, not the refs deciding the game.
From your OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I have been struggling recently to get into games, because I know that due to the reputation of the flyers, we are going to get the rough end of the stick.

e.g it's not even half way through the game and the flyers have been called for a misconduct, had a penalty on one of their players for getting punched in the face and had a pretty obvious late hit on hartnell after the whistle. I just don't understand how things like this are tolerated.
The bold is ********. To reiterate what I posted above, the Flyers have had more than 30 more powerplays than the team with the 2nd most powerplays (Detroit). If we're going to rant about why the Flyers are penalized so much, what would the other 29 teams' fan bases think about why the Flyers are given so many powerplays?

Blaming the refs is essentially making an excuse. You normally don't make excuses if you're winning. Bad calls happen every game. Some have advocated that the refs should put their whistles away, but then the refs end up letting penalties go.

Sestito takes dumb penalties and he'll also be called for some things that other players will get a pass on. He also draws a lot penalties. It's the price you pay for dressing **** disturbers.

Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 02-11-2012 at 03:45 PM.
CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote