View Single Post
Old
02-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Brozgalov

vCash: 500
I think they should consider trading for a defensemen like Gleason, or anyone with veteran presence and size (clearing the porch etc). Right now we look like we are a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. Players are playing worse than they would with some confidence behind them and a Gleason/Gill would bring that.

That said, I think the real goal should be to somehow get Weber in the off season. I know the odds aren't for us there, but he is the true successor to Pronger on this team. He may not have the veteran presence just yet, but he is a major factor. Realistically I think it would be dumb for Pronger to come back after all this. He has accomplished everything there is to accomplish in this league and it's not worth the risk. That said, you will always be left guessing as to whether he will be back because they can't go right out and say hes done forever. Basically he'd have to retire and then we are paying for him.

So how do you fix the team? You aim high for Weber but only in the off season. Don't dare trade offensive talent for him now, when we can retain them in the offseason hopefully.

Other notables that I would like to see go... Briere (love the guy, but honestly doesn't have it anymore and his lack of size just doesn't work... that and he should be huge in this current system, but he isnt...), Bobrovsky (I honestly think Bryz is coming around and will be the #1 easy soon... IMO sell Bob high because we can't keep him anyway), Carle.. (obvious reasons, although I like him too), Read... (yes shocker but we have enough talent offensively and he plays like Briere to me, he chips in those odd goals but other than that isn't much of a factor, replace him with a vet like a Rupp or something)

/endrant

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote