View Single Post
Old
02-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
I am not saying this defensive core will win the cup. What I am saying is a playoff team selling will not be progressive. How many teams holding a playoff spot do you see sell and get better from it quickly? There is a reason rebuilding typically takes 3-5 years to truly pay off. Anything the Flyers will get will be a project.

What kind of deranged fan throws in the towel because his team isn't in 1st place? How many championship teams are at the top of the conference?

If the Flyers do sell.

Who do they trade?
Who do they get in return?
How does this return make them one of the best teams in the NHL in the next couple seasons?

The way I see it, by the time any return becomes NHL ready the Flyers are a different team because they will have to find a way to pay Simmonds, Schenn, Couts, Giroux, maybe Hartnell. Possibly other prospects.

it just doesn't make sense.
I dont want to sell, I just dont want to buy and make a knee jerk reaction at the deadline. I want them gearing up for 2013, I was expecting this team to struggle for a playoff position this year. They have exceeded my expectations so far. If they are going to make a move I would like them to do it during free agency.

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote