View Single Post
Old
02-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
We haven't heard any updates from any of the beat writers about any changes in his ability to work out. I'm not encouraged.

You're right, he could come back nice and fresh for the playoffs. As I said though, with a defense playing well, I can't foresee him coming back just for the playoffs. It takes a lot to return to form after a long layoff. Look at Staal, back a month and a half and just now getting back into form. If Sauer isn't playing a couple weeks prior to the playoffs, I don't think he plays at all.

How can you say in point one that the Rangers won't give us an update, but then in point three that the Rangers WOULD give us an update? I'm not saying it's certain that he's out for the season, simply that with each passing day that he's not even working out the likelihood of a return further decreases. I hope you're right and he does come back. Just seems somewhat unlikely to me, at this point.
Our defense is playing well but the 6th d-man seems to be taking 2 minors a night. Imagine how solid we would be if our 3rd D pair was healthy Staal - Sauer.