View Single Post
Old
02-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
What makes you think that a middle tier defensemen is going to make this a liability free defense? Middle tier defensemen aren't relied on to anchor pairings and be the steady influence you need on a solid cup competing top 2 pairing. That's why they are middle tier defensemen by definition.

I mean people are interested in Andy fricken Sutton. Are you kidding me?
A middle tier defenseman -- by definition -- should not be a liability on the ice. A pairing of Marc-Andre Bourdon and Matt Carle is a liability. A defensive corps that skates two rookies in the playoffs (MAB and Gus) projects as a liability. A pairing of Ryan Parent and Lukas Krajicek is a liability. A liability-free defense isn't a defense that never makes a mistake. It's a defense that doesn't include any pairings that are a liability on the ice. I think the Flyers could achieve that by adding a couple rental players without sacrificing the long-term health of the team.

I don't think we're going to hear anyone this summer saying, "Oh no, we can't fix this Chris Pronger mess because we traded a 3rd round pick for Bryan Allen!" That's why the Flyers brass owes it to Kimmo, Giroux, Simmonds, Hartnell, Read, etc. and all the Flyers who are playing their butts off this year to make the necessary moves to upgrade the defensive depth for this year's playoff push. It might be easy to write off the season from your keyboard, but for the players the battle is just beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Theres also zero indication that Bryz is close to finding any sort of "groove", so I wouldnt bank on that.
Yes there is. But we don't need yet another thread about that.

Last edited by Damaged Goods: 02-11-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote