View Single Post
Old
02-11-2012, 06:59 PM
JoeRangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Big reason -- we've kept a designated core together for a while now, and the players in the minors know the system. Callahan. Anisimov. Dubinsky. Girardi. Staal. Lundqvist. Stepan. Sauer. These players developed together, and they know one another quite well. Gaborik, while he is no tough guy, is clearly a tremendous teammate, as is Brad Richards.

There is not one "cancerous" player on this team. Even Wolski is a laugher in the room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I agree in a lot of ways...it's important to have a tough team that can wear down the other team and make them jumpy, and stand up for each other when things get tough. You can often see that when they start hitting hard, they get the momentum back and other teams start making bad passes.

It's also important, IMO, that the Rangers really have teamwide toughness, it's not just a few guys who don't contribute anything but fists and fighting. Rupp was a great signing IMO. He's not exactly a top tier heavyweight who can destroy guys, but he can fight and get the job done, and he plays the game real well for a 4th liner, he just brings a lot and it's not just his fists.
I agree with both of these posts

Im sure some people will disagree but I think thats a big reason why Avery isnt on the team. He may be liked by some guys in the locker room but I think he likes having spot light and is a distraction

JoeRangers is offline   Reply With Quote