Thread: Which is it?
View Single Post
Old
11-10-2003, 06:19 PM
Cujo_31

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Doesn't matter when your still giving up 4 goals a game. 36 shots. Kind of a bit much don't you think? Bottom line is the defence needs to improve in order to get the amount of goals down.

not really, when 2 of those were deflections...not many goalies, even Hasek, Brodeur or even Patty Roy could stop those on their best nights...it's near impossible to stop those 2 deflection goals the NYR had tonight..i've played goal, and you can only hope on a deflection that either somehow you get a piece of it & it stays out, it hits the post & stays out, or it hits a player in front & stays out...defensively we could've been better...as far as Ty Conklin's performance, take away the 2 goals which he had no chance on, I dont care what anyone says, when you see it, it may seem stoppable, when you're in net & it's actually happeneing, it's extremely tough...I thought Ty played really good tonight, he let a few dangerous rebounds out but the defence was there to clear them out for the most part...other then the rebounds he allowed, he played a decent game for us & he's only gonna get better, you gotta remember it was just his 9th NHL game tonight...