Thread: Which is it?
View Single Post
Old
11-10-2003, 06:26 PM
igor*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
I've been hearing complaining about Salo the last few weeks, although he has been left high and dry by our defenceman on numerous occasions. Now that Conklin got lit up the same way I think it's fairly obvious where the Oilers key weakness is. Not saying that the goalies can't share the blame, but the Oilers aren't a one man team.
I agree with Eddie, LMHF and Cujo completely.

And NYR / EDM games are usually chance-filled games. Similarly, I think Salo's best game of the year was the home win over COL ... and he let in three in that one. Which was good work considering the number of chances the Oilers gave up ... I don't think anyone was complaining about Salo after that one, in fact I think he earned the 3rd star for his efforts.

The last goal, on Holik's backhand, was admittedly weak. And the Oilers certainly missed Reasoner tonight ... the only line that was outchanced was the Stoll line (just by my eye, I wasn't counting) against Messier's line.

Bottom line ... I think the Oilers got average NHL goaltending tonight, maybe a smidge less than that. And it was good enough. And that should be good enough for them to win or tie more nights than not.