View Single Post
Old
02-11-2012, 07:46 PM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
I dont think anyone is saying that something like that is going to happen. I'm saying its stupid to waste assets that are unlikely to make an impact.

I mean, would you flush a dollar down the toilet once a week just because it was "only" a dollar? Doesn't make it a smart move.
Your analogy doesn't fit because that's not what I'm suggesting. There is nothing to be gained from flushing a dollar.

Hal Gill SHOULD be better than MAB or Gus. Therefore he SHOULD improve this team. That is what you'd be buying. That is why I don't want to pay much for it.

The rash, irresponsible, reckless, and wasteful move would be trading major assets and go "all-in"; because it certainly doesn't seem like we can take NYR or Boston in our current state. But it's not like we're sitting in the 8th seed right now with a bunch of grinders that happen to be having career years. We're in 4th for god's sake. We have offensive talent coming out of our butts. We have talent at goaltender if it ever decides it wants to show up. We have 4 defenseman who we've all seen play very well at times, but right now they are all lost (except for Kimmo). We are a good team, we just have a few holes. So I say, go ahead, make the minor move.

Hell, I'm not even one of the people clamoring to get MULTIPLE rentals. I am saying make ONE, minor move, for next to nothing, to improve this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Upgrading your blueline depth isn't like flushing dollars down the toilet. You aren't being rational.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma
Exactly.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote