Thread: Which is it?
View Single Post
Old
11-10-2003, 06:39 PM
Oiltalk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo_31
well the Mike Comrie situation has to have had some effect on that, plus we're still adjusting without Janne Niinimaa who was dealt at the deadline last year, I think people seem to be forgetting that...Janne was one of our best d-man the last few years, & Brewer hasn't been spectacular, he's starting to come on a little bit, but still hasn't emerged as our top d-man, consistently game in -game out..but I believe just give the defense a little more time & we'll get better, especially as soon as the Comrie situation is in the past...the Oilers have come thru most of the time when they're facing adversity, it's something they do well, & I believe more then ever the Oilers will come on stronger as the season goes on, & even more-so when Comrie is dealt & everyone can move past it & just concentrate on playing hockey, you gotta realize with all the rumours going around, that every player in the Oilers dressing room, is wondering if they might be packaged up with Mike Comrie in a deal, especially with the uncertainty of the CBA expiring next year, if the UFA age is lowered to 27, Smytty could be a UFA after next year, at this point ANYTHING can happen, and when the Comrie ordeal is finally over, everyone that is still on the team in the post-comrie era will be performing much better.
With all the forwards in the organization, it would be nice to see Lowe trade Comrie for a dman. After Semenov and Bergeron things look awfully scarce.