Thread: Denmark: Denmark WC2012 team
View Single Post
Old
02-11-2012, 08:37 PM
andersej

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post

Noterable misses are Mads Christensen, Morten Green, Jesper Jensen and Kasper Jensen. My guess is that they've asked for some rest.
Just want to add Morten Madsen to the list of notable absentees. Also, don't expect too much of Nicklas Jensen just yet. He has every chance to become a great player, but at the WC level he is still very young and unproven.

I have been following Malmö quite a bit this season and I think Green has been OK. He is not a defensive stalwart, so when the rest of the team struggles, his numbers will suffer too. He has also been up and down the lineup all season, so no real chance to develop chemistry with his linemates. Lassen started out really bad with the Redhawks, but he has been a lot better as the season has progressed. He has also benefitted from going from being paired with the completely useless Grand-Pierre (except for fighting which does not have a huge role in Swedish hockey) to being paired with Högström who is a lot more reliable. As mentioned earlier in this thread, Jakobsen has been solid. Easily one of the best players in Allsvenskan from what I have seen. I also really like the play of Kasper Jensen. He has been almost completely unnoticeable, which is not a bad thing to say about a D-man. Morten H Poulsen has been a pretty good sniper, but not so noticeable in other aspects of the game. Jesper Jensen has been good and is easily Denmark's second best D prospect after Philip Larsen. He is still young though and will be more consistent in a couple of years.

andersej is offline   Reply With Quote