View Single Post
Old
02-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Callahan is Callahan. He's among the best we got. I just never had a good feeling about trading Dubinsky.
but why though?

does he bring something that nobody on this team has?

He's a good skater, but we have better skaters. hes a good board player, but we have better board players. hes a good offensive player when he's clicking, but hes not one of our top 6 scorers (hagelin is tied with him amazingly)...he's a good PKer but hes not one of our best. he's a physical player but its not like his presence forces people to keep their heads up for fear of devastating hits.

Again, i like Dubinsky a LOT...hes definitely a Torts kinda kid. but hes not a guy who can single handedly win you a game out there...hes more of a piece to the puzzle.

Rangers have several pieces to the puzzle....Hagelin is a piece, AA is a piece, etc. I personally think they lack that 1 more gun..that 1 guy who can put you over. That guy who you can say something like...well hell, even if we shut down Gaborik and Richards we still have to deal with....

right now, it would be maybe Cally...even then he's more of a complimentary player, not a guy who can rifle a shot and pull defenseman in close because of how deadly he can be.