View Single Post
Old
02-11-2012, 11:17 PM
hyster110

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
I realize it's the same article, it just expands to state kids had harder shots with lower flexes because they're kids.. therefore the stick flex needs to match the player. It does nothing to contradict the previous paragraph I posted which stated a lower flex allowed for the best wrist shot possible, yet that wasn't the case for slapshots.

So like I stated.. the flex has everything to do with you as a player. If you're taking a ton of slapshots, gets a stiffer stick. If you're Phil Kessel and don't even know how to take a slapshot, get a stick with more give in it. In most cases, people use both and it's up to them to decide which they'd rather have and what feels best to them.

there are general guidelines to stick flex but it comes down to each persons individual preference.

my personal preference to use around a 100 flex stick. i am around 5'10 and 230ish. i play defence and had a low kick vapor XXXX stick with 87 flex to start with. i also had a 102 flex stick and didnt notice the different to much when it came to playing with either stick. i found my 102 flex stick gave me tons of power on my slapshot and decent amount on y snapshot. when i moved to the mid kick One95 sticks, i tried with a 87 flex but its screwed my game up, my wrist shots were adequate but my slap shots were always going much further right than i was aiming. i tried a 102 flex stick and this remedied the whole situation. my shots are hard, accurate and i find the flex is perfect for me.

when it comes to picking stick flex so many factors come into play, its impossible to pick someones flex for them. size comes into play, position, style of play, and of course what stick your buying.

my two cents

hyster110 is offline   Reply With Quote