Thread: Lars Eller
View Single Post
Old
02-12-2012, 02:05 AM
BlackStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosevigny View Post
I definitely think he would better fit the winger style of play. God damn this kid has talent but he probably has the worst tunnel vision of the team. Tonight, he scored an awesome goal but palushaj was open for the one timer. Eller never notice that. Moreover, he is real good around the boards. He is kind of an hybrid between a centerman and a winger, but by now he will have to improve his playmaking to become a great centerman in the NHL. If he can't do that, he will never surpass Plekanec.
Did you watch him closely last year? True, this year he hasn't been as good of a playmaker as I know he is/can be. But the dude has great vision. Last year, I remember him skilfully setting up Darche, and especially Pyatt time after time only to have them waste the scoring chances.

It's odd that you have your mind made up that Eller didn't know Palushaj was open. You know that because he didn't pass to him? Couldn't it be that he didn't pass the puck to him because he simply felt going for the goal himself was the better choice? And he was right, why are you complaining about it?

Eller doesn't lack play-making skills. What he lacks is solid decision-making, When to pass and when to shoot the puck. Last year, at times he was too patient with the puck and would also opt for a pass when he should have been shooting. This year while his decision-making is much better, he seems to be a little too impatient with a play or shoots the puck when he should be passing(this wasnt the case in his goal last night).

He is only still a sophomore. With experience, he will learn to better utilize his offensive skills. It's fairly clear to me that he is a natural centre, and a very good one at that.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote