View Single Post
Old
02-12-2012, 07:59 AM
onice

vCash: 500
To be honest, although I was souring on Martin when they replaced him with Cunneyworth I was extremely skeptical. After all he was running the power play and look how great that was doing.

But I noticed Cunneyworth is a great motivator and communicator - somethings Martin didn't even know existed let alone possess. He has yet to throw anyone under the bus, If you remember correctly, the first week Martin was here he started throwing Sergei not only under the bus but out of the locker room.Later O'Byrne not being played. Lapierre wanting out, D'ago not utilized. Let's not forget Lats' regression under Martin. Joking that Andrei was scoring because it was a contract year. This sort of behaviour alienates a coach from his players. In these aspects of coaching I see that Cunneyworth is head and shoulders above Martin.

Also, Martin was fantastic at team defense. I can remember a small documentary when he was assistant coach for the Olympic team where he admitted almost bragged that he knew how to shut down opposing teams. I agreed and agree with him.

But he was and is putrid when it comes to coaching offence. He doesn't have a freaking clue.

Cunneyworth seems to have either kept Martin's defensive system or understood it enough to implement it but I see this team doing some interesting things offensively. Morethan under Martin sans Muller.

I'm still in the wait and show me mode but I've warmed up to Cunneyworth and secretly hope he's learning lots of French. I'm almost at the point where I'd keep him.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote