View Single Post
Old
02-12-2012, 11:28 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I'd move Del Zotto before I move Dubinsky. Hes having a down year. When he has confidence he's an extremely valuable playoff player.

A lot of DZs assists are secondary. He's having a great year, no doubt, but I think we've got guys who can move the puck just as well, and Erixon is going to be special. He just needs a couple more years.

I'd put DZ in a deal with Anisimov along with prospects and picks to get Ryan.
Dubinsky has a career high of 54 points. He's a good player, but he's far from necessary.

Del Zotto fills a need for this team PPQB and puck moving defenseman. His defensive game has come along tremendously. He's logging 23/24 minutes a night in all situations, and he's still only 22. He has a LOT of developing to still do. Secondary assists? A lot of assists that defenseman get are secondary. Yesterday's pass to Callahan certainly wasn't secondary, however, and was brilliant. How do we know if Erixon will come even close to how Del Zotto has performed this year? When you're a contending team, you don't trade a top notch, proven player because you have a prospect that might become as good. That's like saying you'd move Girardi because McIlrath will be here soon.

Rangers won't move Del Zotto, not in a deal for Ryan, not in any realistic deal at all. Dubinsky is a good trade chip because the Rangers have players that can fill his role and he'd be wanted by a lot of teams. I don't want to trade him, but if I had to choose one semi-important player on this team that I'd trade, it'd be Dubinsky.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard