View Single Post
Old
02-12-2012, 02:56 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habssupporter View Post
Mr. Mora had this to say:

PLAYOFFS??? you talking about playoffs? You kidding me? PLayoffs?

In all seriousness let's settle down a bit here. We are playing really well but we have dug ourselves a hole.

About Pouliot, is it just me or is this guy going to be a friggin steal if drafted in the 14-20 range as he could be. Like the guy a lot especially his skating.

Like a poster above mentionned, i believe there is a drop in talent after the 7-8th pick and I wouldn't mind paying the price to move up in this draft. I know draft junkies like to keep all the picks and i love watching the draft when the habs own loads of picks, but our prospect pool isn't so bad (Kristo, Beaulieu, Tinordi, gallagher and so on...).

Add to that the fact that our team can count on lots of young talent in Pac, Subban, Eller, Desharnais, Leblanc, Emelin, Price and i think moving up in the draft might be a good idea. I'd move some quantity in picks for some quality. Say we finish with the 9th pick(lots of hockey to be played, purely hypothetical)

I'd swap the 9th and 39th for the 7th. I'd even add a bit to get to the 6th.

Just my opinion...what do you think?
If we end up 24th overall?The way the Habs are playing I'm starting to wonder whether or not we should have traded our 1st round pick a week ago for one in 2013.