View Single Post
Old
02-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Carle would be the best defender on the block. But, and there's a huge one with regards to Carle, any team wanting to acquire Carle will have to realize that he and his agent are seeking a significant pay day. They are looking at something similar to what Wisniewski signed with Columbus. I know that Carle's agent went to Holmgren with a 5 and 7 year proposal (5 years/$28 million, 7 years/$36 million) and both were rejected by Holmgren.

So, any team that looks into acquiring Carle will either need to clear cap space or the team that acquires him is going to be a team that are going to package maybe a B level prospect, but with future endeavors if they can sign Carle.

I'm not surprised at all. I started looking at the market when Coburn was re-upped, and came to the conclusion that Carle should be looking for a Wisniewski-like deal when he hit the market. That doesn't fit into the Flyers plans. Combined with our need to get more stalwart on defense, I think Holmgren should seriously consider moving Carle for a 2nd round pick plus another conditional pick or a prospect (the asking price should be relatively high, given how Carle stacks up to the rental market). Holmgren can then turn around and use those assets to help cover the cost of acquiring at least 2 more d-men (one crease-clearer, and one puck-moving two-way type). The Flyers may be able to take on $10 M in annual cap hits at the deadline depending on LTIR credits and how they manage their contracts.

Edit: Defense rebuild wackiness

Timonen-Coburn
Meszaros-Grossman
Visnovsky/Zidlicky-Gill/Allen
Lilja

Carle to Chicago for a 2nd round pick and a conditional pick of Carle re-signs
Grossman to Philadelphia for Chicago's 2nd round pick
Visnovsky or Zidlicky for Marc-Andre Bourdon and a 3rd round pick
Gill/Allen for a 3rd round pick

Out: Carle, Bourdon, two 3rd round picks
In: Visnovsky/Zidlicky, Grossman, Gill/Allen

Or Carle and MAB for Zidlicky and Zannon and a conditional pick and separate trade to bring in a 3rd dman

Does anyone think this isn't crazy?

Last edited by Damaged Goods: 02-12-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote