View Single Post
Old
02-12-2012, 05:41 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
MPS would be a great pickup for this team. Edmonton has a ton of forward depth and needs defenseman and goaltending badly. That guy can snipe and is always around the net. A 20 year old with plenty of skill and potential.

Hickey for MPS?
I'd do that in a heartbeat, and I'm a big Hickey supporter/defender. MPS is going to be a very solid two-way player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
We have now 64 years of non success using the good locker room guys.
So we started playing in 1947? I didn't know that. We're the forgotten sister of the original six.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Put yourself in Semin's shoes (sounds gross) or any other free agent winger-why would you want to sign in LA? High taxes, incredibly boring hockey, nobody knows who you are when you go out on the town, no pressure from the fans who have accepted mediocrity, no beat writers, you show up, struggle to score goals and you go home.
Outside of the taxes, the list you gave can actually be a positive for some players. The chance to get ut of the spotlight and just blend into the background is a positive for some. I think the main reason we haven't landed a big name guy is DL's unwillingness to take a chance (though I don't blame him on most of those).

Quote:
Originally Posted by voynov26 View Post
I am not sure if this was posted already.

The Los Angeles Kings are also extremely interested in Nash.

The Sun suggests the big price tag for Nash could include Rangers center Brandon Dubinsky, top prospect Chris Kreider and a first-round draft pick, however one league source told TFP that one of young forwards Derek Stepan or Carl Hagelin would need to be included in a package, along with Dubinsky.

Sorry I have to pass on Nash. Too hefty for my taste.

Link: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr120211.html
That is a huge package for Nash. Dubinsky, Krieder and a 1st is very good value. I'm unsure if they are saying Stepan/Hagelin has to be added to that package or not.

Dub, 1st and Kreider would be like us offering Brown, Toffoli and a 1st for Nash, and then maybe having to add another good prospect (Voynov?) on top of that.

No thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voynov26 View Post
Hopefully, not on Nash.

I will rather get:
Iginla - It won't cost that much compare to what Colombus is asking.
Pommerville or Brad Boyes - Cheap!
Ryan or Perry - Pipe dream I know.
I was suggesting Boyes for Stoll, but now Stoll's hurt. And there's no way Calgary would be asking for less for Iggy than what Columbus wants for Nash.