View Single Post
Old
02-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheMask View Post
After we beat Minny last night, its up to 3 teams now (Calgary being the 3rd) We're still pathetic, I know

Ive been wanting to ask some Anaheim fans about this amazing run you guys are on lately. With the 8 seed only projected to get about 91 points, what is the feeling of the Ducks making it back into the Top 8? You guys are on fire, and I think you still have a shot. I believe Bruce Boudreau said something about, if they come back after this road trip only 6 points out then you all still have a chance. What are you thoughts about this? Just curious. Good luck the rest of the way!!
I think the general feeling is between cautiously optimistic and carefully fake apathetic, if that makes any sense... A late run always was an option as we had a light version of this season last year. We were so far out this year, though, that we're definitely not too emotionally involved in the run, just yet. It would still take something like 20-7 to get to that mark. It's not impossible. But personally, it feels like we scored our second goal in a 2-5 game early in the third period, and I'm sitting there, saying "nah, no way" while definitely having some hope.