View Single Post
Old
11-10-2003, 09:35 PM
kruezer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
thats a side of comrie I never thought about. Maybe we have the next eric lindros on our hands.

In dowbiggan's article, he talks of a trade offer that clarke made last year at the deadline. It was gagne, pitkanen, and williams for iggy. Ultimately, it was CALGARY that turned the deal down (OMG, Sutter should be fired if that is true). The Flumes have plenty of defense so maybe they are interested in a gagne / comrie deal for iggy. That seems pretty fair to me.

That would leave a comrie for pitkanen / Williams trade to be mde. IMO, Phillie would be paying too much but what if lowe did this:

Comrie + Smith for williams, Pitkanen, and woytika or seidenberg?

The flyers would end up giving gagne, williams, pitkanen, and woytika for Iggy and smith. If the rumour that they would have done a williams, gagne, and pitkanen for iggy deal is true, then this is similar.
Button was the GM at the trade deadline last year

This trade would be incredibly complex.....but if the Flames end up with BOTH Comrie and Williams/Gagne then maybe, but if they only get one of them back, the chances of him replacing Iginla's scoring aren't as good. BTW the Flames are right on budget ($35 mill) with all 7.5 million of Iginla's dollars so I think they are better served keeping him unless they get 2 scorers out of it.

PS - No Phaneuf for you (or Ramholt) lol.