Thread: Post-Game Talk: Game #55 Blues vs Sharks
View Single Post
Old
02-12-2012, 10:04 PM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
How could anyone seriously claim that the Blues are not a good 5 on 5 team? Seriously. That is how they win, by being one of the best 5 on 5 teams in the entire National Hockey League. Have they seen our special teams numbers?

Haha, anyways, what a great win for the Blue Note tonight. They just simply outskated and outplayed the Sharks. It was pretty much a domination. I already mentioned how amazing of a game Pietrangelo played, but here are my other positive thoughts from tonight's game:

-- Gotta start with Andy McDonald. Happy for him that he's back and he made a huge impact right away on our powerplay. It should improve with him.

-- David Perron and T.J. Oshie continue to rack up points. Good games by both of them.

-- Vladimir Sobotka had one of his better performances of late. He was gritty and great on the PK. Loved his hit on Thornton.

-- Our PK overall was tremendous, but also a shout out to Patrik Berglund. I liked his game tonight. He was very solid defensively, IMO. These past few games have been a step in the right direction for him for sure.

-- Shattenkirk played a good game. He's gone cold on offense lately but had some chances tonight...he'll start getting some points again eventually.

-- Another shutout. This speaks highly of our team defense who just swarmed the puck carriers and allowed very few chances. We looked awesome and this game was the epitome of Hitchcock's system. But Halak was good and made some nice saves, and he'll be back in net Tuesday against Columbus.

Great game - we play really well vs San Jose. 55 games, 75 points. This team is rolling.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote