Thread: Ronning
View Single Post
Old
11-11-2003, 12:50 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowlicker
Well, Ronning wouldnt exactly be a "long term" solution. Just to get us through this season. And a "young center who can make a present and future contribution to the team" would cost us some players or picks, where as Ronning would not.
Also, you sure youd like to hand over the 1st Line Center position to a cream puff like Connolly? Id feel much better giving Reasoner a 5 game tryout between Hemsky & Smyth (It seems like almost everyone else got their turn)
At least then you have the option or Reasoner going up or Connolly, either way I like it. I'd gladly deal for the guy, he's young, has alot of potential, and has already proven he can put up points. Fits the system pretty well IMO, could become the #1 eventually, at worst probably a #2. My deal of course is Horcoff+, not exactly sure what it would take because I don't know the specifics of Buffalo's situation right now, but I really think the team could use a guy like this. I'd much rather have a longer term solution than a guy like Ronning. The one advantage of Ronning is, he'd be playing for a contract in his next season, if he intends to have one.