View Single Post
Old
02-13-2012, 12:42 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I liked JM imposing a defensive system to the players, the hard way. If you compare our defensive game in the JM era, moved then into the RC era to the way they were playing before, there is no comparison. I still remember Kovalev floating at the opposing blue line waiting for the break out pass. And the complete lack of defensive awareness of some guys back then, including AK46.

JM hammered defensive awareness into our forwards. The "all 5 guys in the picture" rule that Cammaleri openly disagreed with in an interview.

RC is a good coach for sure. Game awareness, good communication skills, quickly adapting. However, the style of play that got us the last few victories would probably not win us much in the Playoffs. I still want to see from his team a big comeback from a 2-3 goal deficit or the team holding on a 1 goal lead for the third period - cause this is what you need when the games really count.
that's an interesting theory, the habs certainly don't have any defensive liability other than dd and even he is getting better and better every game. and AK's defensive game now is night and day what it used to be

if martin's legacy is that every player on the roster knows how to play the defensive side of the game, then it was worth it. you can teach defense, but you can't teach offense

anyways, i like RC even though he still lots of wtf moments

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote