View Single Post
Old
02-13-2012, 06:59 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Honestly, I don't think Holmgren should do anything until the off season. It's easy to over react and say blow it up now, but fact is, the year was going to be up and down and that when you have 7 rookies in your lineup at any given time during the year, there's going to be some issues.

The off season gives Holmgren a chance to re-evaluate things. I'm sure the first thing he does is talk to Timonen to get a feel whether he wants to come back for his final season or if he would prefer to go to a contender. Once Kimo makes his decision, then Holmgren can do his bidding from there.

While I don't think Laviolette needs to be fired, I think Holmgren needs to send a message that this team has to tighten up defensively. Maybe firing Kevin McCarthy is the way to go at this point. He's the coach of the defense and it's up to him to ensure that they're ready game in and game out. They've looked very much out of sync and it's clear that the game plan isn't getting through. A new assistant (someone from outside the organization) should be the way to go.

And who ever suggested to trade Giroux needs a slap. He's the one thing that has pretty much kept this team afloat this year. You don't trade a guy like him. You build around him.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote