View Single Post
Old
02-13-2012, 08:28 AM
JoeRangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
As fan for 40 years now I love the makeup of this years team. Especially the consistently blocked shots, cleared creases and glass rattling hits. Very exciting to watch, especially the physical play.

However, I think as a general rule a team is not as good as they look when they are on a roll, nor as poor as they appear after a losing streak.

That would put NY somewhere closer to the the upper half of the conference rather than on top.

Yes they look fantastic this year. Its been a great run so far. They have the look of confidence and believe they can win even if they fall behind.

They are big enough. They are tough enough, they are certainly fast enough too. Philly isn't in the same ballpark without Pronger available...

Last week I would have said the weak point on this team is its woeful powerplay, but thanks to Philly that doesn't seem to be the case (this week) thanks flyers !

I honestly feel that the road to the finals runs through Pittsburgh and ultimately Boston. The Bruins actually don't scare me as much as the Penguins do. If Pitt is back and healthy they are scary good. Their ability to score on the counter play is not only impressive but must be respected by the rangers d who will quite likely not be able to pinch effectively in a series. So NY will have to power the offense by going once again to the well which so far this year has kept on giving.

Dump it to the corner, race in there and dig it out. Start the cycle and look at throwing the puck into the crease or back out to the point for deflections and shots through screens. With the defensive pairings so far this season I like the possibility on a few of those chances per period in the second season.
I agree 100% with the bold part. Rangers usually play well against the Bruins and I think the last 2 seasons they won the season series.

Pitt definitely scare me the most out of anyone in the East. Rangers have played well against them too the last 2 seasons but they are playing good hockey right now and with the way that Malkin line is playing they can score on anybody. If they get Crosby back they will be very dangerous.

JoeRangers is offline   Reply With Quote