View Single Post
Old
02-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan1026 View Post
I'm just going to say that its been an honor watching Callahan blossom into the player he's becoming today. I was at one of his first games (might have been his first honestly), that one St. Patty's Day at MSG vs Boston. Made an immediate impression with a rigorous fore-check and two goals that were the direct result of some ridiculous work ethic.

I was there for his first playoff goal vs ATL in Game 3 (also a two goal-performance). Took an immediate liking to the kid. Many Rangers fans thought he would be no more then a 3rd line grinder. I'm sure we all remember those days.

Thats when Chris Drury came along and showed the kid what it took to become a winner. Many Rangers fans despise the guy but Callahan, nor Dubi, would be half the players they've become without playing beside Dru, albeit on his last legs.

Coach Tortorella deserves some major credit as well; Callahan's exact style of play is what Torts is looking for out of his group and has provided him the perfect opportunity to step and be the guy that his teammates can look across the locker room and ask themselves if they are working as hard as that guy.

Its been quite the ride, between his call-ups, demotions back to the A, and struggles, but he exemplifies what it means to a New York Ranger, and I couldn't be more damn pride. I was gushing with pride yesterday as I forced my roomates to watch the game yesterday and they were all impressed.

Sorry for the poor quality of this video, (and I'm not quite sure how to add a YT in a post) but this was the goal that started it all. I was there also, jaw-wide open as I saw this unfold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiZHnKZ71A
Showed him leadership, however Cally's game has been the same since day one, see my other quote what Richie said about him...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote