View Single Post
Old
02-13-2012, 10:39 AM
jarek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
There's no need to use something that sketchy as a barometer. There have been faceoff stats for his whole career. Just look at how many faceoffs per game he took each season, and you'd have a good idea what percentage of each season he spent at center.

I know this doesn't /debate. just saying.
I know this isn't very relevant to the ATD, but a lot of people complain that Zetterberg hasn't played wing in so long that they don't understand why he still has the eligibility in Yahoo fantasy. He's definitely a way stronger center than wing here, I think, and for that matter, so is Datsyuk.. enough so that I don't think either should be played as wingers in the ATD (and with Datsyuk's faceoff ability, why would you play him at wing anyways?).

Looking back at data on NHL.com, Zetterberg has taken virtually the same amount of faceoffs as Datsyuk during their careers together (in some cases, more). They've basically played the same amount of center. Before the lockout, however, the faceoff data shows pretty clearly that Zetterberg played a lot of wing.