View Single Post
Old
02-13-2012, 11:47 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Oh, goodie, a chance to impose my musical tastes on other people!

I've got something like 2500 plays of Arcade Fire on last.fm, plus unhealthy amounts of concert merch, so I probably have to include them... they're best heard in album form, but here are starting places (YT quality is *****, so up it to 480 if it's an option): [1] [2] [3] [4]

Also The Shins are awesome indie rock: [1] [2] [3]

If live in MN and you're not listening to Minneapolis Hip-Hop, then you're wasting it. Brother Ali [1] [2] [3] [4] and Atmosphere [1] [2] [3]

Cloud Cult is also local, more indie. Huge ****ing sound, amazing concerts. If you want to be absolutely devastated, read up on their backstory while you listen. [1] [2] [3]

One more local band, because you need more bluegrass in your life: Trampled by Turtles [1] [2]

Celtic punk is way the **** cooler than it sounds. Flogging Molly [1] [2] [3] and Dropkick Murphys, who got Bobby Orr, Shawn Thornton, and Milan Lucic to be in their latest video (link 3): [1] [2] [3]

Oh man, that look longer to type up than I was expecting. I could keep going for a long time... haven't hit any ska, or garage rock revival, or very much "indie rock", or blues rock. Lemme know if you like any of this stuff and I'll hit you up with more.
No worries, it's a good list and reflects many of my music choices.

Something I've been listening to lately is Lazerbeak's latest album. He's the producer to most of the Doomtree records and always been a fan of the guy going back to his old band The Plastic Constellations. The record itself is mostly instrumental but if you like great beats and most of the Doomtree collective it's a must-listen.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote