Old
02-13-2012, 11:50 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
You still do not know what I am talking about? I am talking about not trading our picks at the dead line or trading our vets to rebuild. I am talking about not competing in bidding wars to rent UFA players because we can not really afford it.

MAB or Gus have no real VALUE on UFA market. NONE! I know you think they are good or maybe good in the future. We would be very lucky if they will be top 6 d-men in this league. In the past we traded much better players for a lot lesss.

Smart thing to do this season is to stay put as in do not make trades or trying to sell our veterans.
I think that is a bad course of action. Trading the likes of MAB and Gus is a possibility. Not because they are studs (in fact I think both are overrated on here like most players on this team) but because they are the types of players that non-contenders would be interested in. I don't know who the potential trading partners are, but teams not in contention and in smaller markets generally like cheap players that can pass for NHLers. If Gus and MAB can play for the Flyers, they can surely play for the Stars, Blue Jackets, Canes, Islanders, Ducks, etc. Those teams aren't going to trade their top prospects or team captains for these players, but I would bet they would trade them for a player with an expiring contract who is not likely to return. Throw in a pick and it makes it all the more tempting. I don't see how throwing in the towel is a better option than that.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote