View Single Post
Old
02-13-2012, 12:32 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Aucoin is here getting his feet wet in case MP gets injured. Just like MP was toiling as a 4th line winger all year, waiting for an injury to a scoring C. Just like ramping up Orlov's minutes a few games back, its high time to figure out what we have in terms of depth at C and D. Get Aucoin up here, and let's expose him to what we may need him to do later, see if he can figure out how to trap yet still help generate scoring chances; be ready to pinch hit for an injured MP.

The system Dale is trying isn't new to hockey, its just taking time for the C/W up high to figure out when to join the forecheck, and how to trap when play is coming at them. It's not rocket science stuff. I feel they are erring on the side of caution and staying back, to not get in trouble. I do expect it to take time for the players to adapt but don't know whats reasonable - 3 months perhaps.

Maybe Dale didn't like Knuble talking about the teams lack of shots. The other GM's know his game, it won't change his trade value much.
i love that dale is getting aucoin's feet wet. not so excited about aucoin and perreault playing a main part in the shorthanded goal that resulted in a loss.

is making the playoffs still going to be easy? do the caps still have plenty of points they can afford to spend while getting player's feet wet?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote