View Single Post
Old
02-13-2012, 01:12 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I read a Rupp quote and he compared the Rangers to some other teams he played on. Then I remembered that he played on the 03 Devils. I was thinking of making a thread comparing us to the 04 Lightning, because of the shot blocking and Torts, but I wonder if they're closer to the 03 Devils because the 04 Lightning were better offensively. I really thought that was one of the weaker Stanley Cup champions of the decade. We don't have Stevens, Neidermeyer, and Rafalski, but if Staal comes back to form and Sauer returns, I'll take this D against any in the league. Lundqvist hasn't proven as much in the playoffs, but IMO this season he's having isn't any worse than any of Brodeur's. The 03 team's offense wasn't all that special. Our offense is a little thin too. Is this a fair comparison?
I would say a pretty good comparison by Rupp, though if this team could get the PP going it would be a different story. However if you look at the numbers Rupp is pretty dead on, while that Devils team finished in the 8th spot, both teams were middle of the pack in GF, Devils #14, NYR currently #12 but both teams had a great + goal differential even with their pedestrian GF #'s.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote