Thread: Vandemeer
View Single Post
Old
11-11-2003, 03:23 AM
Hammerwise

vCash: 500
Vandemeer

I'm not going to say the kid is done, but lets face it, alot of people overhyped this kid. His upside was always going to be 5th defenseman. He had a good run of games at the end of last year, but I think people fell in love with his physical play and fighting more so than his actual talent, which is very limited. Since Therien has played in his place the team is more solid. Is Therien a good player? Hes a NHL 5th defender. But even at this point in their careers, Therien is much better than Vandy. If we can't deal Therien, (if nobody took him on waivers, why woould they give up fair trade now). Vandermeer is good to have as a 7th dman for more physical games, (ala Chris McAllister), but I think even Hitchcock has decided he's not good enough for top 6.

To be honest, if Weinrich or Ragnarrsson were more physical, I'd like to see Seidenberg play, but we have too many finesse defenseman without Therien or Vandy in the lineup. Seidenberg can skate, pass, and his shot is great. Last year at the rookie all star game, he was amazing.