View Single Post
Old
02-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodangleroo28 View Post
I think Parise should be on our radar, obviously it goes unsaid defense is our biggest need and a desperate need at that, but outside of our young centers i don't believe any of our wingers have top line potential. Someone could easily surprise us but Parise-Giroux would be a great great great threat to build around. I believe they would compliment each other very well.
If we were to sign Parise to a big deal in the offseason, we most definitely will lose one or even more than one of our young players we just acquired this offseason. All these players will be needing raises and only Hartnell and Briere are coming off the books in that time. Also Schenn, Couts, and Giroux will all need raises by that point. If Giroux becomes a constant 80-90 point player, he will demand a ton of money.

IMO signing Parise to a big deal now hurts our chances of keeping this good young core of players together for the long run. JVR has top line potential and also Voracek, we forget they are only 22 years old. Plenty of time still to hit their prime and become 1st line material. Maybe both will next year! Giroux became a 1st line center when he was 23?

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote