View Single Post
Old
02-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Richter gets crucified for Game 4 in 1992 because of the Francis goal from outside the blue line.

Look at Penguins goals 1, 2, 4 and the OT winner.

Horrid defense No. 1 (0:36) -- Mike Needham grabs the puck along the boards on a 3-on-4. Beukeboom basically sits there along the boards with his thumb up his ass and King does a fairy wand wave at a guy wide open in the slot. Richter makes the 1st save but Needham buries the rebound totally unchecked.

Horrid defense No. 2 (1:26) -- Graves gets faked out of his jock strap by Paul Stanton at the point, and the shot is blocked in front. Richter goes out to challenge the shot but Beukeboom leaves Francis wide open behind him for an easy tap in.

Horrid defense No. 4 (2:53) -- Messier turns it over to Murphy at the blue line, and Leetch gets caught flat-footed by Jagr and they race to the corner. Jagr beats Leetch and Beukeboom to the outside, and Leetch doesnt check Loney for an easy tap in. Tie game.

Horrid defense No. 5 (5:30) -- Beezer in the game now. Just a horrible turnover by Messier. Horrible. When people ask "why was Moose booed at MSG in 1993), there's your answer.

This went on in Richter's entire career. "Charmed life" it was not. Give Richter a post-lockout Rangers commitment to defense, and you would have seen different results.
I can micro-manage the argument like this all week if you'd like. It bothers me you've taken it this way, and you've got me arguing against Richter - I have a huge, autographed picture of him holding up the cup on my wall. Its not like I have it out for the guy.

Its just that your logic for the whole thing is buried deep inside such a vacuum, and so inheritantly flawed. Im not going to let the wonderful memories of that glowing cup and a wonderful team mask the debate of one goaltender vs. the other. The fact that you've recently come to bashing the '94 team in front of Richter makes it even crazier.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote