View Single Post
Old
02-13-2012, 05:13 PM
utah

vCash: 500
I'm very tight with a couple ( they're my best friends ) who enrolled their little guy in Novice this year. It's his first season. He is also a kid with a late Dec birthday, so he is easily one of the youngest kids in the league and one of the smallest as well. Although he is not my kid, I'm very close to him and his parents. I go to all of his games.

Fortunately, it's worked out great. He has shown remarkable improvement from the evaluation period, and now he scores regularly, skates like the wind and battles hard all game. He has become a team leader, and he just seems to love hockey. The team record is 14-3 and it's all good.

But.....a couple of weeks ago, they played a team that had lost all of their games. The other coach, asked my buddy ( who coaches his son's team ) to 'go easy on them'. He said his kids were fragile, and not enjoying hockey much.

We talked about it afterwards. I said to my friends.....be thankful that your boy is having a great experience his first year because....sometimes teams, despite the best effort be balanced, stink. At least this way, he has experienced success, so if he gets stuck on a bad team....he will know it's not always that way.

utah is offline   Reply With Quote