View Single Post
Old
11-11-2003, 04:07 AM
Meanashell11

vCash: 500
I was at the game and its the first time I have seen the Oil live this year. A few points:
1. Conklin's puck handling although a bit scary at times really changes the Oiler style with dump ins. He's alot like a goalie we played against last year in the playoffs, remember?? It really frustrates a big team because they want to dump the puck in a nd forecheck, doesnt work when the goalie plays the puck. Also really helped on breakouts, esp when the rangers were changing. I think he played very well and got more comfortable as the game wore on. Sure the late goal could have been the backbreaker but it wasnt because he had made a number of huge saves just before and right after.
2. Speed, the Oilers really skated tonite. They were by far the fastest team. Their transition game as well was very nice.
3. Torres. This guy is the real deal.
4. Hemsky looked a little bewildered out there and got pushed off the puck alot. Seemed like his timing was a bit off.
5. DVO. This guy is the real deal as well.
6. York has not looked the same all year. Dont know what is wrong with him.
7. Simon was efinitely taking liberties. Hope BG was taking notes.
8. Moreau. Leader!!!9. MAB, looked great as did Staios and Brewer, Brewer for the first time this year although he was sloppy once on a breakout.