View Single Post
Old
02-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I mean whether it's Martin or Cunneyworth, you have the feeling that they think they are coaching a better team than they actually have. Whether it's effort or mediocre talent, AKost is not worst than most of the players out there. You have to work with what you have. And as much as I like to criticize him, you have to prefer a AKost to a Darche, a Palushaj or to a Gomez combined...You have to.
Kostitsyn was dumb on the goal, I get "punishing" him for it (even though as I've said before I think it's less effort than just awareness with him, so when he's off the best thing you can do is play him with guys who will get him involved) but to not give him a chance later on when Gomez and Darche cannot be relied on offensively and Palushaj has shown very little is just ridiculous. Cunneyworth has been coaching them like it's an AHL team, which might be good at getting them to hit hard and get the best guys to crash the net, but it's not going to do anything. Kostitsyn is what he is, he's a useful and flawed player.

To be fair Martin did a similar thing as he rewarded defense above all else.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote