View Single Post
Old
02-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
The funny thing is Columbus and Edmonton could pick anyone. We sit here and say "Ahh **** Yakupov and Grigorenko are gone for sure" but Columbus might be gun shy with another Russian and Edmonton might be thinking their Defense is just too brutal not to pick up someone like Murray.

I don't think we will ever get another chance at a top pick, this season is an anomally for sure.
Agree on Columbus potentially being gun shy, but I think if they get gun shy they trade down. Which is why we should be trading away our UFAs and loading up on second round picks

If the Oilers get second overall, I think they grab Grigorenko. If they get 3rd overall or lower, I think its Murray, Trouba, Dumba, etc...

One thing to remember about the Oilers on Defence... they traded for Teubert last year, drafted Klefblom at 19 overall, and drafted Musil at 31 overall (1 pick outside first round). They basically added three first round Dmen to their prospect pool last season, so its not as bad as some might think with the PRV, Hall, RNH, top draft picks the last 3 years. Grigo is too good a 1-2 punch with RNH to pass it up, and they could get an extra 1st rounder from Hemsky (possibly) and they'll have another high second rounder, to once again add Dmen that way if necessary.

I also agree that this season is an anomaly, that is why we have to make it count and get the Centre we haven't had since Bobby Smith..