View Single Post
Old
02-13-2012, 10:01 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Agree on Columbus potentially being gun shy, but I think if they get gun shy they trade down. Which is why we should be trading away our UFAs and loading up on second round picks

If the Oilers get second overall, I think they grab Grigorenko. If they get 3rd overall or lower, I think its Murray, Trouba, Dumba, etc...

I also agree that this season is an anomaly, that is why we have to make it count and get the Centre we haven't had since Bobby Smith..

One thing to remember about the Oilers on Defence... they traded for Teubert last year, drafted Klefblom at 19 overall, and drafted Musil at 31 overall (1 pick outside first round). They basically added three first round Dmen to their prospect pool last season, so its not as bad as some might think with the PRV, Hall, RNH, top draft picks the last 3 years.
I don't think Teubert will amount to much but the others could be good. I don't think Klefbom and Musil can be really in the same league as Murray, Trouba or Dumba.

More picks is a very good idea but if we were going to trade with someone like Columbus I bet they would be after prospects and not picks given their history with picks. If we end up 5th - 8th would you give up someone like Bournival and our 1st to get #1 overall? I don't think our 5 prospects in the World Jrs went unnoticed.

Also would you rather grab Yakupov for Plekanec or just go with Grigorenko and try to build a line from scratch?