View Single Post
Old
02-13-2012, 11:41 PM
token grinder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Yet Poile has drafted a Vezina finalist goalie in a late round and a Norris trophy finalist in the second round yet that goes unnoticed. He also found a 30 goal scorer with the last pick of the draft. It also goes unnoticed that 8 of the 12 forwards that have been main cogs in our lineup were drafted by Poile. That 5 of the 6 defensemen that have played the last 20 games or so were drafted by Poile and both our goalies on the roster were drafted by Poile. This is also on a team that is 5th in the West and has been pretty competitive as of late. While the last few games haven't been great, the team has been one of the hottest since December. But hey, the GM is useless at building a team.

Having a game breaker(Nash) is great but I'd rather have a quality team than a stud up front and nothing else. I'd rather have a well built franchise than a team that is built around one player and have no success.
that is all good, but I want to give my left nut to have zetterburg's 11 or 12 goals this year.